Guests choosing our tours are able to enjoy a rustic, Be consumed style gourmet lunch in the Barossa. Our Roenfeldt Hill wines barrel shed is set up with a kitchen where host Wayne dons his chef’s apron and cooks up a storm!
Typically on the menu:
En- route, mid morning snack
Barossa platter of local metwurst, cheeses, olives, sun dried tomatoes, snow peas, fig or other in-season fruit
Gourmet BBQ lunch includes….
– Poppy seeded scroll bread from Linke’s bakery with rich natural butter
– Oversized black pepper kebabs. Selected Barossa porterhouse steak, onion, green pepper, red pepper, mushroom, baby tomato, seasoned with black pepper and sea salt.
– Crispy roasted pork hock
– English pork sausage, marinated in crushed ginger, garlic and other home grown herbs.
– Roasted sweet potato, infused with butter and Kurianda pear chutney
– Roasted corn cobs with gently steamed long broccoli and carrots, golden squash (in season)
Home made bread and butter pudding, with sultanas and figs or other in- season fruits, baked for 2 hours. Served with fresh cream or our own macadamia, honey and caramel ice cream. Or, a baked Granny Smith apple, its removed core stuffed with rains, dates, coconut and cinnamon, with a generous scoop of our home made ice cream.